   Re: [xml-dev] equivalentTo vs. XSLT

Miles Sabin wrote:
> I don't think anyone would say that using XSLT transforms to map between
> vocabularies is in any interesting sense a SW technology. And yet it
> seems to be enough to cover one of the primary use-cases for OWL. Which
> takes us back to Mikes earlier question,

OWL engine can be implemented in any language.
As I understand it correctly, all you are saying is that OWL can at least
partially be
implemented in XSLT.
And it can be implemented in Python, Java, VB, C++, Ruby...
I do not see why somebody would disagree.
However, an XSLT script that implements a particular OWL
would be much less readable then OWL ontology itself.

OWL, just as XML Topic Maps can be learned (by a human), explained and
interchanged.
And that is their main value (as I see it).

Internally I can keep ontology as I wish (for example, in RDBMS).
But I think that you will value my ontology (if at all :-)) only in
one of the agreed upon interchange syntaxes.

--Nikita.