len

From: AndrewWatt2000@aol.com [mailto:AndrewWatt2000@aol.com]

At least some "Ink" is SVG, I understand.

My limited understanding of this is that the shapes are captured by a product such as Corel's Grafigo (www.corel.com/grafigo) and that the shapes are stored as SVG. The SVG shapes can then be displayed exactly as the writer wrote them. Assuming that the writer wrote moderately legibly then the SVG file can, say, be emailed to someone and they can then read the writing. ... If you see what I mean.

So it isn't that the Tablet PC has cracked the handwriting recognition problem. It is more that it has cracked the handwriting recording/capturing problem and that the decipherment is left to the human recipient of the SVG file.

But I could be wrong! :)