   Re: [xml-dev] Does WTSIWYG make simplicity moot?

[Alaric B. Snell]
 >I would add a clause to exclude things that have a genuinely graphical
 >problem domain such as image editing,

Yes, indeed but even so, I would want to be able to get at the data
in a text editor - perhaps having applied a de-compiler to it.

Regardless of what "compiled" format is used to represent
my information assets for speed reasons etc., I want to it to
be possible for me to work with a textual representation of that
information asset. Otherwise, I don't own it - it is owned by
the app that created it. Bad.

GUIs are perhaps the biggest culprit in lulling people into
handing over true ownership of their information assets.

Needless to say, this side-effect of GUIs and GUI based
apps does not often appear in marketing literature :-)

It is possible to be both GUI and open - www.openoffice.org is
a good example.

Sean