   Re: [xml-dev] XML/RDF

Catching up, and this message just made me roll my eyes up into my skull.

> I'm not hostile to RDF (for localized domains in which effective
> taxonomies exist, anyway, don't get me started about the "Semantic Web"),
> just skeptical that it's worth a significant investment of my time.
> Does anyone want to try to persuade us skeptics that RDF's time
> has come?

I hope no one rose to this bait.

No.  I do not want to try to persuade you RDF skeptics of anything.  You can
just go on being RDF skeptics.  Why would I expend energy trying to cut a
Gordian knot made up of tungsten?

I write a lot on RDF.  My audience is most certainly not RDF skeptics.  My
audience is anyone who has an open mind.

In the parts of your message which I snipped because they are not worth
repeating, you made some innuendo that the only writing on RDF were years-old
fossils.  I have pointed out to you many times that you can cure your
misconceptions by no more simple expedient than visiting Dave Beckett's page:

http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk/discovery/rdf/resources/

And deciding which of the hundred articles/tutorials on RDF you will decide to
read first.

You imply that there is no interest in RDF in the real world.  I think you're
familiar with my report from XML WS One in San Jose:

http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=1682

Even I have been amazed at the people who seek us out Fourthought in our
consultancy because of our work in RDF.  And RDF has been the mainstay of the
work that has kept me going in what we all know is a lousy economy.

So I'm not going to feed what seems to me to be trolling, and I hope that no
one else wastes their time either.

No technology is guaranteed, and no technology can be justified to a committed
skeptic.  Yet all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/25/p
y.html
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.org/ind
ex.php/article/articleview/663/1/24/