   Re: [xml-dev] XML/RDF

> > To me, it is just the union of
> >the localized domains with links between them where possible. If there
> >is value in the localized domains, why would the integration of them
> >into a Web of links be problematic?
>
> Nothing that I know of offhand.  Can it cope with inconsistencY
> of assertions?

Can the Web cope with conflicting statements and differences in opinion
expressed in content?

> Can it actually work without an
> "ontology authority" to maintain trust and consistency across domains?

Can the Web work without a linking authority to guarantee links, and to
establish trust of content?

> Will the spammers, pornographers, and assorted slimeballs co-opt it
> for their purposes?

Can the Web survive the coopting of spammers, pornographers, and assorted
slimeballs?  How about specific Web facilities such as Google?

> All that remains to be seen.

Ah, but will you admit it if/when you see it?  :-)

Python&XML column: 2. Introducing PyXML - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/25/p
y.html
The Past, Present and Future of Web Services 1 - http://www.webservices.org/ind
ex.php/article/articleview/663/1/24/