   Re: [xml-dev] OT: Where did URI pipe symbol hack originate?

** Reply to message from Jeff Lowery <jlowery@scenicsoft.com> on Thu, 14 Nov
2002 10:33:39 -0800

> As is used after Windows drive letters:
>
> file:///C|/mydir/myfile.txt
>
> Having a little debate about whether the appropriate thing is to escape the
> colon with %xx instead of using the pipe (or colon).  Has a consensus formed
> that is (mostly) cross-platform compatible?

I've always thought the vertical bar was a Netscape-ism.  I can't remember any
other application wanting to use it.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/