   RE: [xml-dev] more QName madness

michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com (Michael Kay) writes:
>Sadly, my prediction that no-one would ever use XML Namespaces because
>the whole idea was so unworkable is one of many occasions on which I
>have misjudged the collective stupidity of the IT community. What we
>are seeing today is the inevitable consequences of an architectural
>blunder.

So are we just stuck now?  Or is there any way to stem the consequences?

Protesting to www-xml-linking-comments@w3.org may have some effect, but
it's already gone quite deep.

Maybe it's time for another monasticxml.org essay, though I don't know
that it'll stop the people making the blunders.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether