   Re: [xml-dev] dtds, schemas, xhtml, and multimedia technologies

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:40:16PM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Rich Salz wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Empowering You wrote:
> >
> > > I think Microsoft's greatest benefit to mankind is that because they are
> > > so large and able to spend so much money on R&D, some of the things they
> > > push are well thought out and standards have arisen where before there
> > > were only smaller turf battles.  I don't know anything about the
> > > standards boards so I can't say how much role Microsoft had on them
> > > personally.  But from an outsiders point of view, it looked to me like
> > > the only way we finally got standards accepted is that it took a giant
> > > like Microsoft to force them down our throat by using them in their
> > > products.
> >
> > Oh dear.  You are seriously naive and/or delusional.
> >
> > Stay away from this mailing list; there are too many sharp edges and
> > you might get hurt.  Just lie back and let the koolaid comfort you.
>
> this has *got* to be a troll.  *no* *one* who has the sense to

  Com'on ... Who on earth would use "Empowering You" as his mail name
except a troll or spam like PR agency. Seems to me Just So Obvious
what is their job and who they work for. Just think about the long term
traces in the list archives and so on. XML-DEV is an especially obvious
target to anybody who would like to advertize on XML, the way it's done
is more or less subtle depending who and when.

  Ignore them, you cannot expect a concrete discussion to happen,
or since there is a -DEV on the list, ask them to come with
(free and unencombered) code to back up their arguments >:->

Daniel