   RE: [xml-dev] dtds, schemas, xhtml, and multimedia technologies

A clear message, but perhaps a little over the top. Pam Ammond (the person
behind the Empowering You 'campaign') perhaps stated her excitement about
Microsoft and Visual Studio.NET a little too much in what she herself states
is still her learning period. This did not make a huge impression and even
invoked some irritation on some members of the list.

However, I think Pam Ammond is just very enthusiastic about things to come,
since she is clearly impressed about certain Microsoft products, and let's
not forget that everyone has an individual approach to things. Ignoring her
might not be the correct thing to do.

Can we please put this aside and talk about XML?? I am primarily a lurker
and trying to learn from people on the XML-Dev list ... but recently I have
been regularly double-checking if I am not on a Microsoft discussion list
who's mails by accident end up in my XML-Dev folder .

<grumpy>
Gerben Rampaart.
</grumpy>

[Daniel wrote:]
*  Com'on ... Who on earth would use "Empowering You" as his mail name
*except a troll or spam like PR agency. Seems to me Just So Obvious
*what is their job and who they work for. Just think about the long term
*traces in the list archives and so on. XML-DEV is an especially obvious
*target to anybody who would like to advertize on XML, the way it's done
*is more or less subtle depending who and when.
*
*  Ignore them, you cannot expect a concrete discussion to happen,
*or since there is a -DEV on the list, ask them to come with
*(free and unencombered) code to back up their arguments >:->