   RE: [xml-dev] RDF and the new releases

>Let's accept that RDF/XML will release, as is, and work from there.

Well quite.
The key thing is that RDF as it stands is usable, and for quite a range of
applications offers significant advantages over vanilla XML. Adoption of RDF
is accelerating, and it is in use in mainstream products (Adobe's tools for
instance). There are clearly plenty of faults, particularly with the XML/RDF
serialization, and the WG have done a commendable job under the
circumstances. I'd like to see an easier syntax, but for the kind of apps
where RDF starts looking better for the job, there is less of a requirement
for the syntax to be human-readable.

It's taken a while, but I'm pretty sure RDF has now gained the traction to
put it beyond the mercies of a bit of mailing list negativity. Ignore if you
like, but it's here now, and it might even be the case that it may offer
something to your domain. If I ran an business, and that was a possibility,
I think I'd prefer to find out before my competitors.

Speaking personally, I'm hooked on RDF because it offers the easiest
solution to problems I find interesting.

Cheers,
Danny.