   Re: [xml-dev] Why RDF is hard

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> N3 makes a bad situation clear.  That clarity doesn't help those of us
> who don't think in triples and don't have the patience to string triples
> together into structures.
> For those who think in triples, RDF is a delight.  I just wish those
> people would recognize that a lot of people cannot and will not be
> joining them in that delight.

I'm not convinced (yet?) that the world divides in to these neat
categories. Do you see this as tricky:

@prefix : <http://www.prescod.net/sometargetns#>.
@prefix rddl: <http://www.rddl.org/>.

         has <rddl:resource> <#dtd>;
         has <rddl:resource> <#relaxng>;
         has <rddl:resource> <#xhtml>.

<#dtd> has <rddl:title> "DTD";
     has <rddl:description> "A DTD for the L language.";
     has <rddl:href> <http://example.org/schemas/L.dtd>;
     has <rddl:purpose> <http://www.rddl.org/purposes#validation>;
     has <rddl:nature>

<#relaxng> has <rddl:title> "Relax NG Schema";
     has <rddl:description> "A Relax NG Schema for the L language.";
     has <rddl:href> <http://example.org/schemas/L.rng>;
     has <rddl:purpose> <http://www.rddl.org/purposes#validation> ;
     has <rddl:nature> <http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0>.

<#xhtml> has <rddl:title> "User Documentation";
     has <rddl:description> "Reference documentation for L, in XHTML.";
     has <rddl:href> <http://example.org/schemas/L.html>;
     has <rddl:purpose> <http://www.rddl.org/purposes#reference>;
     has <rddl:nature> <http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml> .

  Paul Prescod