   Re: [xml-dev] Why RDF is hard

From: "Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net>

> I'm not convinced (yet?) that the world divides in to these neat
> categories. Do you see this as tricky:

Yes, if my data is in XML.

Another approach to the whole thing might be to use XPaths to explicitly mark relations up.
(These could be defaulted in the DTD.)

 <rddl:resource  id="xhtml" >
      <rddl:title             rdf:aboutPath="..">User Documentation</rddl:title>
      <rddl:description     rdf:aboutPath="..">Reference documentation for L, in XHTML.<rddl:description>
      <rddl:href             rdf:aboutPath="..">http://example.org/schemas/L.html</rddl:href>
      <rddl:purpose        rdf:aboutPath="..">http://www.rddl.org/purposes#reference</rddl:purpose>
      <rddl:nature         rdf:aboutPath="..">http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml> </rddl:nature>
 <rddl:rescource>