   Re: [xml-dev] Why RDF is hard

Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> From: "Paul Prescod"
>
> >I'm not convinced (yet?) that the world divides in to these neat
> >categories. Do you see this as tricky:
>

> Yes, if my data is in XML.

Simon said that the concepts were difficult so I presented the concepts
in a simpler syntax to see if he still felt that was true.

> Another approach to the whole thing might be to use XPaths to
> explicitly mark relations up.
> (These could be defaulted in the DTD.)

I agree that using XPaths is probably a good idea if you're trying to
deal with the syntax issues rather than the concepts. (but most RDF
documents don't have DTDs, so that's not where I would put the XPaths)

  Paul Prescod