   RE: [xml-dev] The perils of P18S (was Re: [xml-dev] Why RDF is hard )

>the only app I've seen using RDF is Mozilla, but I lead a
>sheltered life. Can
>you cite me some others, please?

Copying and pasting from the survey of Semantic Web application areas at
[1]. The survey doesn't try to be exhaustive in it's list of apps, just
giving examples. A lot of the things listed below are categories, but most
of those have at least one implementation linked from the survey.  Note that
the applications will be at varying stages of development and at least one
isn't necessarily RDF, but I think it gives the idea:

Data integration :
B2B web service mediation
Catalogue integration
Database integration example
Financial Portals
Gene Ontology
Mozilla
eScience Data Grids

Data-dependent agents :
Financial Assistant
ITTalks
Jema
Shopping assistants
Virtual Travel Agent

Knowledge management :
Community formation
Community portals
Helpdesk support
OntoShare - community of practice support
PatMan
PlanetOnto
Sun GKE
ePerson

Semantic indexing and semantic portals :
Community Arkive
Community portals
Context aware links
Curriculum Online
Distributed topic portals
HP Portal
ITTalks
Museum portals
MusicBrainz
PlanetOnto
Score
Semantic tagging
TAP semantic search

Personal information management :
Bibliography workbench
Community bookmarking
Event tracking
Genealogy assistant
Haystack
Ideas workbench
Jema
Mozilla
ePerson

Metadata for annotating and enriching :
Annotea
Assumption tracker
Bibliography workbench
Community Arkive
Community bookmarking
Distributed topic portals
EARL
Gene Ontology
MIT/HP SIMILE project

Metadata for description, discovery and selection :
B2B trading market-places
DCMI registry
Edutella
HP Portal
MIT/HP SIMILE project
MUSE
Recommendation Networks
Scholnet
SeLeNe
Semantic tagging
Sun GKE
Web service description and discovery

Metadata for media and content :
Adobe XMP
Arkive internal
MIT/HP SIMILE project

Knowledge formation :
Assumption tracker
Bibliography workbench
ClaiMaker/Scholonto
Community Arkive
Community formation
DMOZ - Directory Mozilla - open directory
Ideas workbench
SWAP - semantic web and peer-to-peer

Catalogue and Thesaurus management :
Catalogue Management
Catalogue integration
DMOZ - Directory Mozilla - open directory
Thesaurus management

Syndication :
Event tracking
Rich Site Summary/RDF Site summary