-----Original Message-----
From: Danny Ayers [mailto:danny666@virgilio.it]

Heh - I'm afraid you're probably right there. I do however think that the technologies can make it easier to develop quite a range of apps that are mostly-dedicated but have a layer of interop above syntax (so e.g. a media player could use the MusicBrainz kb).
, as long as the data and those hypotheses are expressed in a machine-understandable fashion. Let's get the machines doing the work for a change.