   HI

I am learning xml and xslt and have one problem which i could not solve
since i week.
i havea xml file like under.
snippet.
<person>
   <person1>
     <dad>a</dad.
     <had>1</had>
     <mad>wfff</mad>
     <dom>11</dom>
     -<gross>2</gross>
     -<mmmmm>22</mmmmm>
     -<gross>222</gross>
     -<mmmmm>333</mmmmm>
     ---------
   </person1>
   <person1>
     -------
     -------
   </person1>
</person>
   The two items gross and mmmmm has a "n" number of repetition.I want
transform it into another "xml" tree
where the repeted stuff will have one "id" numbers as a counter like 1,2,3.I
want it serially.

any one has a solution for this.
thanking you in advance.
biswajit sarangi