   Re: [xml-dev] Universal Applications, Universal Data

jcowan@reutershealth.com (John Cowan) writes:
>But see
>http://tuxedo.org/~esr/writings/homesteading/homesteading/ar01s11.html
>for some of the fundamental differences between hackerdom and
>ac(k)ademia.

I'm not sure that any of the criticisms there affect what Mike wrote
about second-order benefits rather than short-term profits, though they
certainly reflect Eric Raymond's hackers-as-humble-übermenchen
perspective quite well.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!