   Re: [xml-dev] What are the arguments *for* XHTML 2.0?

Jelks Cabaniss wrote:

> Paul Prescod wrote:
>

> >But perhaps XHTML can help with:
> >  * Richer linking primitives
>

> They're already here.  You just need a UA that groks them.  Download
> Mozilla 1.x or Opera 7 beta.  Make sure the Navigation Toolbar is
> enabled (preferably set to "Auto"), and if pages have the appropriate
>  in them, you will see the Next, Previous, Up, Top, Home,
> Contents, Search, Index, Chapter, etc. in the toolbar.

I'm familiar with these conventions but I'm not clear on whether there
is a published standard for them anywhere. If not, that's where XHTML
2.0 could help. A quick skim of XHTML 1 and HTML 4.0 turn up examples
but no normative specifications.

  Paul Prescod