   RE: [xml-dev] XML, Rich Internet Apps

>So a minimum requirement in an SVG editor should be the ability to drag
>nodes from a data source onto the SVG canvas so we can give nodes their
>design properties there. If someone wants to just take a blank canvas
>and whip up SVG, that's their business, but I'd like the option to use
>data sources for content.

Harumph!  For the very simple graphics that I've generated, I've
tried a bunch of different things, and I'm not thrilled
double-editing documents.  For example, given a name STEMP to
represent the supply temperature of something, I've tried &STEMP; and
<%STEMP%>.  So far I've ended up with <myns:var>STEMP</myns:var> and
debating about the 4 other XML ways of representing the same thing.

>What's missing is a Macromedia-style push from Adobe to get the SVG
>plug-in installed, but they aren't really doing that. Not really.

And it would be nice if they worked out whatever it is that they need
to work out to make it work.  The "Macintosh IE users should complain
to Microsoft" cruft should go away.

I'm betting a PythonCard-like application with SVG and XForms would rock.

Joel