   Re: [xml-dev] A question about XML browsers/editors

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 04:35, oni@acm.org wrote:
> Are there some such XML browser/editor that searches
> all paths to a specified element and expands only those
> paths while keeping other subtrees fold?

Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted, but as part of our
development of Pathan (an XPath implementation for Xerces C) we
developed an xgrep tool:

  [pdw@tugela pdw]$ cat foo.xml
  <bib>
    <book>
      <title>...</title>
      <publisher>...</publisher>
    </book>
    <article>
    </article>
  </bib>
  [pdw@tugela pdw]$ xgrep -v //title foo.xml
  <?xgrep-match [foo.xml]--------------------------------?>
  <title>...</title>

xgrep is included in the source distribution for Pathan, available from:

  http://software.decisionsoft.com/pathanIntro.html

xgrep was originally developed as a testing tool and as such it works,
but some aspects such as error reporting and packaging are not as
polished as we would like.  We are currently working on improving xgrep,
and including it in the binary distributions.  In the meantime, drop us
an email if you need any assistance using it.

Paul
--
Paul Warren, Client Services           DecisionSoft Limited
+44-1865-203192                        http://www.decisionsoft.com