   RE: [xml-dev] initiatives for glossary

You might be interested in the lexical database Wordnet [1], and in
particular the RDF (XML) representation [2] which includes the data files:

Nouns (10MB)
Glossary (15MB)
SimilarTo-Definitions (2MB)
Hyponym Definitions (8MB)

The Schema (Ontology) (4KB) defining the terms used to represent the RDF
version of Wordnet is available at [4].

This is directly usable with DAML/OIL and could be used with Topic Maps
using one of the various mappings, e.g. [5].

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/
[2] http://www.semanticweb.org/library/
[3] http://www.semanticweb.org/library/wordnet/wordnet-20000620.rdfs
[4] http://www.semanticweb.org/library/wordnet/wordnet-20000620.rdfs
[5] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/09-RDF-topic-maps/

Danny Ayers

Semantic Web Log :
http://www.citnames.com/blog

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne." - Chaucer