   Re: [xml-dev] bohemians, gentry

Jonathan Robie scripsit:

> I still don't understand this point. Could someone please illustrate with
> an example that uses several kinds of software processing data that uses
> datatypes, and showing how the presence of datatypes in that data prevents
> it from being used except in "specific tools, environments, and situations"?

It isn't the mere presence of datatype meta-information, of course.  It's the
implicit requirement not to use the information in ways that contravene the
datatype.

--
John Cowan   <jcowan@reutershealth.com>   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
"One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big