   Re: [xml-dev] bohemians, gentry

I hope the following is conrete enough.

Imagine the following element:

(See http://www.joyofpi.com/pi.htm for details).

Suppose you are building a web services front-end to Macsyma (or
Mathematica).  You might be tempted to add this attribute (assuming the
"obvious" xmlns declarations)

The problem is, that if you use something like DevStudio.Net and its
wizards, you've guaranteed to have lost precision.  That's a shame,
because the math tool has effectively infinite precision, but my
XML/WS/XSD tool artificially limits itself to IEEE floats because it
thinks it's doing me a favor by making it trivial to generalize object
serialziation through XML.