   Re: [xml-dev] Using XLink, XPointer

Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> Is anyone out there using XLink and/or XPointer for production work?
> (Even research work could be interesting.)  There are a couple of
> different categories of work that come to mind:

The Annotated XML Spec (start at
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/axml/axmlintro.html) remains one of the most
highly-visited resources at XML.com four years after being posted.  It
was all done with (massively pre-release) versions of XLink and
XPointer; since there were no tools I had to write 900 lines of Java
code to process the marked-up spec.

There's an explanation of how it was done at

  http://www.xml.com/pub/a/axml/axmlintro.html

  -Tim