   Re: [xml-dev] bohemians, gentry

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> Since when was XSLT lexical driven?

XSLT 1.0 does not honour declarations of type other than those made in
the XSLT stylesheet by the stylesheet author. Anyhow, I'm sure you are
familiar with the difference in type handling between XSLT 2.0 and XSLT
1.0 so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

> As for XQuery, there already is an
> XQuery Basic conformance level [which in my personal opinion is the only
> sane conformance level] which satisfies most of the rants I've seen
> today.

Is there a conformance level of either XQuery or XPath that allows one
to avoid the implementation of XML Schema datatypes altogether?

  Paul Prescod