   RE: [xml-dev] Typing and paranoia

Yes, but Len asked "Why does it a DTD?" So why does it?

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> Oh, you were saying that XML Schema uses XML 1.0 syntax? That doesn't seem like a big deal given the hundreds of markup dialects built with XML. I meant that W3C XML Schema describes how to constrain an XML Infoset not a document written using the XML 1.0 syntax.

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

"Turn your searching experience into a finding experience."(tm)

Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.