   Re: [xml-dev] Typing and paranoia

> I personally think that the best *business* strategy is to make sure that
> you working with just those  bits of the Web and XML  infrastructure that
> they can understand and  develop with without necessarily
> requiring the toolkits,  and choose toolkit vendors who automate the tedium
> rather than hiding the  architecture of the infrastructure.

Or, perhaps more importantly, knowing what parts of XML and the underlying
technologies your toolkits or infrastructure DON'T do a good job of handling.
I'd venture a guess that the amount of time and energy spent on working around
bad tools is probably greater than what it would take to entirely rewrite them.