   RE: [xml-dev] Namespace URI question

Sorry, I mistyped that. Let's try again:

xmlns:foo="file:///foodom.xsd"

My (possibly incorrect) understanding (although I have read the RFC) is that
the URI location is {base URL} + /foodom.xsd.  Meaning its an absolute path,
relative to the root-of-the-moment.

As a namespace identifier it's just a string (please, no arguments). But
relative URIs were deprecated in [1].

With a varying base URI (assuming I have a correct understanding), its seems
relative to me, even though technically it may be absolute.