   Re: [xml-dev] CNet focusses on the negative

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 16:17, Paul Prescod wrote:
> I never thought I'd feel sorry for Microsoft not getting enough credit
> for its progress on XML. But there you go...

And I never thought I'd be as impressed as I am. I was not however
impressed with the demo I (and several others) got Wednesday afternoon.
If CNET's folks talked with the same demo doofus I did and did not
badger him into a view source (or don't understand XSLT) it would have
been very easy to get the impression they got. And when three of us did
figure out how it had to work, the d-d clearly didn't understand what we
were saying. I'm sure that the luminaries you mention got their demos
from someone far more clueful.

Office 11 is truly impressive, in the face of the crushing legacy
burden, and MS has 6 months before they ship to explain what it actually
does. But they do need to explain why their version is not simply an
incompatible version of what's in Open Office, which seems to be what
CNET thinks.

Frank