   Re: [xml-dev] Whitepapers and ScreenShots of Office 11 XML Features

John Evdemon wrote:

> On 17 Dec 2002 at 11:23, Sam Hunting wrote:
>

> >Has anyone looked under the hood to see what the MS markup
> >is actually like, and whether it bears any resemblance at
> >all to the efforts for XML office document markup
> >specification now under way at OASIS?
> >

> Good question.  The XDocs demo I had didn't provide a way
> to view source other than saving the document to the
> desktop and opening it with Notepad/emacs/whatever.

XDocs works with your schema. So the output looks like however you
defined it to look!

Word can _either_ use WordML _or_ your schema. That said, WordML "just
works" and using your schema is more effort...perhaps too much effort.
But to some extent, that's the nature of XML tools in general, not Word
in particular. It's mostly a matter of degree.

  Paul Prescod