   Re: [xml-dev] Internal entities removed from XML?

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 04:38:04PM -0500, Mike Champion wrote:
> This seems perfectly sensible to me.  It's a way for vendors to say "we
> support the standards as written, but we encourage our customers to use the
> profiles that avoid the ratholes ."  Also, I'm sure it is no coincidence
> that .NET's XML tools appear to be focused on the subset of XML that SOAP
> employs.

<sarcasm>
  You mean &#0; is part of SOAP XML subset ? You also mean that SOAP
requires to not normalize end of line and attribute values ? I really
neet to go back reviewing it to object before PR request then !
Sounds more like Database driven drift than SOAP in that case.
</sarcasm>

  I'm sure it is no coincidence that .NET's XmlTextReader appear to be
focused on what Microsoft would like XML to be, but is not...
Right I still didn't digested the XmlTextReader.Normalize ugly trick :-(

> [Wondering what Microsoft put the in beer at XML 2002 last week ... I can't
> believe I'm arguing on the side of the Borg twice in one week ;-) ]

  Guiness is good for you, but I wonder what kind of CoolAid you drank ;-)
beware of sponsored drinks ...

Daniel