   Re: [xml-dev] XML Schema Validation Problem

Hi Jason,

> I have a Schema that has 2 namespaces. This is referenced by an XML
> document. I can successfully parse the XML against the schema,
> however I cannot then assign any data to an Object using the
> SelectSingleNode method of a FreeThreadedDOMDocument40. According to
> the object browser this should return an IXMLDOMNode, the result I
> get is the object is still nothing.

You don't show the code that you're using, but my guess would be that
when you use selectSingleNode(), you're not including a namespace
prefix on the element name. Try using the following code:

  // Use XPath rather than XSL Patterns to select your nodes
  yourDOM.setProperty("SelectionLanguage", "XPath");

  // Declare the namespace you want to use with a prefix
  yourDOM.setProperty("SelectionNamespaces", "xmlns:xyz='xyz'");

  // Use the prefix when you refer to the element you want to select
  node = yourDOM.selectSingleNode("/xyz:Environment");

When you use XPath, if you specify an element name without a prefix as
in "/Environment" then you will only select elements with that local
name in *no namespace*. If you want to select elements that are in a
namespace (as your <Environment> element is) then you need to declare
that namespace with a prefix and use that prefix to refer to the
element.

Cheers,

Jeni

---