len

From: Bob DuCharme [mailto:bobdc@snee.com]

At its core, a link only needs a single piece of information: the locator
for a remote resource. If that's all there is, the resource holding it is
the implied other end of the relationship being expressed, and you have a link:

Angeles.</para>

I'll admit, before Len points it out, that for better or worse this
particular URI itself carries some additional semantic information; you
don't have to follow it to get an idea of where it goes. Still, of all the
people saying "I've stripped down linking to its essentials," I'm shooting
for the "most stripped-down" prize.