   Re: [xml-dev] Jpeg's and the PDF Serializer

Jacob Bager wrote:

> I want to generate a .pdf document, using the XSL functions in cocoon.
> Works fine, but when i include an JPEG image, i get the image displayed with
> a Yellow filter apply to it.
>
> Experimenting with this, i tried converting the same image to different
> formats,
> the ones i found working was GIF and PNG. But not the same quality as
> the JPEG.
> Looks to me that the FOP is trying to convert the image to CMYK, but
> fails to do so.
>
> to see the result i get, check
> http://approveone.phaseone.com:8080/cocoon/mount/editee/20030113111152.pdf
>
> Is there somewhere i configure the FOP, or is a serious bug ?
That problem was mentioned in fop-user list some time ago, it looks like a bug
- some types of jpeg images are filtered in yellow color. File it to Apache
bugzilla [1] and attach a sample image, we'll check out what's going on.

[1] http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/
--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team