   Re: [xml-dev] ConciseXML syntax

----- Original Message -----
Dare Obasanjo wrote:
>> [...] while Mike seems to be arguing for a
mechanism for serializing objects to markup. [...]
<<

Sergio Rodriguez wrote:
>I agree with Dare.  Clearly, ConciseXML isn't XML 1.0; and also, from
>philosophical point of view, it is not a superset of XML 1.0, because
it has
>another purporse. It is intended, as far as I've seen, to substitute
the use
>of XML in the RPC and marshalling context.  In contrast, XML is a
>generalized purpose markup language, not necessarily applying only to
>represent objects.
>Perhaps, the idea behind ConciseXML for representating objects
through
>markup it's good.  But let's not mix concepts here.  This syntax is
not well
>suited for other contexts where XML is.

ConciseXML was designed for general
knowledge representation including content, logic, data,
and presentation.  It can support declarative, procedural,
OO, and functional languages as well as document markup.

It includes support for circular references,
symbolic references, and many things that are
considered "difficult" in XML and RDF.

_Mike