   Re: [xml-dev] ConciseXML syntax (some examples)

>How about a few examples or Water (because after all, isn't
ConciseXML just a
>lead to that)? Maybe a factorial calculation or perhaps a quicksort?
How
>about querying a relational database and returning an XML
representation of
>the result set?

Factorial: ------------------
<defmethod factorial n>
 <if> n.<is 1/>
      1
   else
      n.<times <factorial n.<minus 1/> /> />
 </if>
</defmethod>

<test
 <factorial 10/>
 3628800
/>

Querying a relational database:------------------
From book titled: Water: Simplified Web Services
Chapter 23 - Water Database: Unifying Relational and Object Models

<set my_books=
dbms.<table "jdbc:driver://localhost/my_bookstore_db/book"/>
/>

book.of
<!-- returns: -->
<smart_vector>
<book isbn="992838888" title="Water Programming" price=40
published=<date 2002 4 1/>
/>
<book isbn="992837777" title="Water Web Services " price=40
published=<date 2002 12 10/>
/>
<book isbn="992836666" title="Water XML " price=45
published=<date 2003 3 1/>
/>
</smart_vector>

<!-- Retrieving a specific record and updating the price -->
book.of.99283888.<set price=50/>

As far a ConciseXML being a lead in to Water, you are
correct. In fact, it leads to the following:

Water Type replacing XSD
Water Contract replacing other Schema languages
Water Path replacing XPATH
Water Transform replacing  XSLT
Water Identifier supporting/extending URI
Water Web and Water Server replacing WSDL
Water Protocol replacing SOAP
Water Registry replacing UDDI
Water App replacing JSP/ASP
Water Database replacing SQL
Water Pattern replacing RegEx
Water Pics replacing UML

...and more to come.

We've only had 1.5 developers working on
Water, but since the productivity using Water
is probably 10-100 times of Java, I guess that
means we have the equivalent of 15 to 150
people working on this, so I guess I shouldn't
complain about not having enough resources.
: )