   Re: [xml-dev] ConciseXML arguments

Hi Alaric,

Alaric B. Snell wrote:
> Use elements for everything and have no distinction between
> properties-of-this-object and nested-object :-)

Wisest suggestion I've heard for some time. I also have extended DOM and
SAX APIs in my every day work, usually making no distinctions between

<elem>
   <attribute>value</value>
</elem>

and

<elem attribute="value"/>

IMHO, distinctions on childnodes should only take place on
multi-value VS single-value children (pretty much like LDAP), not
elements VS attribute nodes. It makes the tree much easier to navigate
whithout ruining the semantics, but then again that just works for me. I
must admit I am also dedicated to certain practices (i.e. no unqualified
  attributes).

Going back to lurker mode now :-)

Manos