   Re: [xml-dev] Can XML Schemas do this?

Water Type and Contract can handle that.
Here's defining a new 'tag/class' named
person.  'Person' has a name that is a required
value of type string.
'Person' also has optional 'age' and 'birth'
fields.  The precondition also states that
one of the optional fields must be filled
in.  The fields/elements can be given in
any order.

<defclass person
   name=required=string
   age=optional=integer
   birth=optional=datetime
   _precond=<defmethod> <not age.<is optional/>.
                             <and birth.<is optional/> />
            </defmethod>
</defclass>

_Mike Plusch