   problem with #&233; characters and such in URL

Hi all,

I was hoping to get help with a little problem of mine I am a total noobie so bear with me.

I have an xls script where I construct an URL out of a variable like this:
---snip---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:for-each select="cast/star">
                       <xsl:if test="character!=''">
                       </xsl:if>
                   </xsl:for-each>
---snip---

the current linking has a problem with accented Names like
e.g. Zaide Silvia Gutiérrez
the template would make a link like:
"http://us.imdb.com/Name?Guti&#233;rrez,+Zaide Silvia"
which will end up in the browser as:
"http://us.imdb.com/Name?Guti%C3%A9rrez,+Zaide%20Silvia"
which of course will lead to an error.

the right link would look like this:
"http://us.imdb.com/Name?Guti%E9rrez,+Zaide+Silvia

i tried to solve this via the ENTITY command without luck.
e.g.: <!DOCTYPE person [
<!ENTITY #233 "%E9">
]>

well, it would suffice to pass the names without any accents, too, i just don't know how i can do this....

can anyone help? only if there's an easy solution...

Thanks.
Alex.

Messenger  -  Wer in Echtzeit kommunizieren will, lädt den MSN Messenger. Cool, kostenlos und mit 3D Emoticons: Hier klicken