   Re: [xml-dev] problem with #&233; characters and such in URL

The problem is probably that your XSLT stylesheet is writing out UTF-8 while your
browser is reading in those bytes as ISO8859-1.

If your web application only has to cope with ISO8859-1, then the simplest thing
is to specify that your XSLT processor generates 8859-1 rather than UTF-8, using
xslt:output IIRC.

If you want to cope with more characters using UTF-8,  look at the following
    * make sure that the HTML code you generate has a meta tag which labels the
charset (the encoding) you are using (HTML defaults to 8859-1)
    * make sure that if the HTML is being sent on a webserver that the MIME
charset is being sent correctly
    * make sure that your user's browsers have "Send URLs as UTF-8" enabled
(on IE this is in the preferences Advanced tab)
    * and make sure your user's browsers allow autoselection (this may be a two-edged
sword).

Hope these help

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe