   RE: [xml-dev] problem with #&233; characters and such in URL

> The problem is probably that your XSLT stylesheet is writing
> out UTF-8 while your browser is reading in those bytes as ISO8859-1.

XSLT will use UTF-8 in its URI-escaping, regardless of the encoding of
the output file. So it's probably best to use UTF-8 encoding for the
output file, that way any respectable browser should assume that escaped
URIs are represented in UTF-8.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com