   Re: [xml-dev] Can XML Schemas do this?

> 1) Use another schema language (Relax NG does this very well) instead of
> W3C XML Schema.

 I'm somewhat new to Relax NG, but reading through it's primer doc it
appeared that the Order of the Elements was also strictly governed by the
schema (in other words, you can't do this in RelaxNG either). Which brings
the question, WHY? Why do the schema languages care about the particular
order of the XML nodes? I can see the advantages of having this as an option
(i.e. something like <sequence order="fixed"> or something) but to make it a
requirement seems to backwards for most XML usages.

-BKN