   RE: [xml-dev] OT: adobe svg plugin namespacing problem

>the
>Adove SVG Viewer is behaving correctly.

>I was not on the
>Working Group for SVG 1.0 and do not know why SVG elements within a
>parent element on a foreign namespace do not render, but I presume it
>is linked to the lack of context for rendering. Think of it, what if
>your foreign element describes a transformation or any graphic data
>that could apply to all of its children, how do you rendre your SVG
>element bearing in ming the spec says foreign elements are ignored for
>rendering?

Okay I understand the argument, of course what I was doing was something
I should imagine lots of xml people are in the habit of doing, extending
the document for my purposes, which had nothing to do with graphical
rendering in this case. But it's okay I can just do it in another way.
Noticed there's no problem extending an element with namespaced
attributes, that's good.

>Anyway, you can read on in the Extensibility section of the
>SVG 1.0 spec.

>http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/extend.html

thanks, hadn't ever looked at that part of the spec before, who knew I
would need to!