   Re: [xml-dev] Can XML Schemas do this?

Jim Ancona scripsit:

> Presumably a different rule applies for attributes, whose order cannot
> be constrained in any schema language I'm aware of, but should also
> never be significant.

People sometimes do try to treat attribute order as meaningful, but they
quickly learn that (most) XML processing applications can't do anything
with the order, and so bump up against reality.  The same is not the
case for the ordering of child elements.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.reutershealth.com