   Re: [xml-dev] Can XML Schemas do this?

> Highly application-dependent.

>    <steps>
>      <step>Ensure electrical systems are inactive per testID 32297</step>
>      <step>Ensure no fuel vapor concentrations per testID 35151</step>
>      <step>Open hatch and stick your head inside</step>
>      </steps>
>    </procedure>
>
> Sometimes order matters -Tim

I'm not saying that explicit ordering should be removed, I'm just saying
that schema languages should allow both. It gives me a bad taste in my mouth
to tell my partners that while the ordering of the nodes doesn't really
matter, in order for the document to validate against my schema it has to be
in tell-tell order.

In the above case, it's a good thing those are elements, not attributes,
which brings the next question if Element orders are enforced (at least in
W3C XML Schemas), why are Attribute orders not?

-BKN