   Re: [xml-dev] many-to-many

> Bill de hÓra posted something on www-tag that's very much worth
> contemplating, even if you don't like it.
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jan/0301.html

I'm having a great deal of trouble discerning anything new here.  This seems
to me jsat a different stating of my own frequently-stated belief that
semantic laxness rather than rigor is essential to make URIs work.  Basically,
I'm happy with a humpty dumpty view of URIs: the agent making the reference
and the agent interpreting the reference can basically allow URIs to mean
whatever solves their problems.  This implies a many-to-many relationship
between URIs and things.

What puzzles me, though, is that you've always seemed distrustful of this
approach, so what it is about Bill's particular expression of the idea that
holds some appeal for you?

I've always said the sky is not falling in my corner of the URI universe, and
precisely because I've pretty much always admitted the many-to-many idea, and
scoffed at the very concept of a truly universal identifier.

The open office file format  - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/librar
y/x-think15/
Python Generators + DOM - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/01/08/py-xml.html
4Suite Repository Features - https://www6.software.ibm.com/reg/devworks/dw-x4su