   Re: [xml-dev] many-to-many

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 05:38:55PM +0000, Miles Sabin wrote:
> So, according to you "resource" is just another way of saying "thing"?

Right.

> Strange ... I don't think that's quite Roy's position. In fact I'm sure
> I recall him arguing quite vigorously against exactly that line.

That would surprise me.  I'm certain he believes this, though I can't,
at the moment, find any words of his that say exactly this.

> Whatever, you're welcome to Resource and Representation, and as far as
> I'm concerned you're free to use them anyway you see fit. I'm even
> happy for you to try to view whatever I say through REST-tinted
> spectacles. As I said in an earlier response to Tim, one of the nice
> things about the "REST is just one view among many" attitude is that it
> just doesn't matter any more. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

I respect that, because I don't know for certain that there isn't
another model out there that isn't just as general as the REST model.  I
just have yet to see one, which is why I have a hunch that any model
which is as general as the REST model, is equivalent to the REST model.

MB