   Re: [xml-dev] many-to-many

Miles Sabin scripsit:

> As far as network protocols and software are concerned, abstract
> Resources do no work at all. What matters in a retrieval context is
> that there be a functioning server that's capable of returning a
> response, maybe with a response entity, maybe without.

Cash registers don't really add up the prices of items bought, they only
grind their gears.  But they don't really grind their gears either, they
only obey the laws of physics.

It's always possible to eliminate abstractions from a description of
practice.

--
"No, John.  I want formats that are actually       John Cowan
useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan