   Re: [xml-dev] RDF resources (was: many-to-many)

Jeff Lowery scripsit:

> > The trick of using b-nodes is good in this respect: an RDF
> > b-node represents
> > a non-retrievable (non-addressable) thing-in-the-world.
>
> I'm not fluent on RDF,  but taking that statement at face value: is the
> existence of b-node an assertion of non-addressability, or just
> non-addressibility within a given context?

A b-node is an object you can make assertions about but that lacks a URI.
For example, I could have a b-node representing Simon St. Laurent, with
properties "hasMailbox", "isNamed", "withHomePage", etc. etc.  Much better
than identifying Simon with his mailbox, his name, or his home page.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan
"It's the old, old story. Droid meets droid. Droid becomes chameleon.