   Re: [xml-dev] catch (was Re: RDDL and WSDL)

jcowan@reutershealth.com (John Cowan) writes:
>> You can believe that if it's what it takes to keep working on it,
>> but it looks like the W3C is building a stack to the sky.  That
>> stack isn't the chaotic Tower of Babel that Mark Pesce and others
>> feared XML would create, but an ever-growing semantic stack that
>> tries too hard to create order where tolerance for chaos might be a
>> wiser strategy.
>
>Order magicians may need to retreat to their own island in order to
>get done what they want to get done; chaos magicians have the whole
>universe to play in.  There is no reason why they should oppose one
>another.

If the "order magicians" would actually retreat to their own island, I
would agree.  Instead they seem quite intent on specifying their will
and creating markets where order itself is highly valued.  Setting
values for a market is difficult in theory but easier in practice,
especially given the participants in this exercise.

On the bright side, I think the "chaos magicians" are far likelier to
find this amusing.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!